There is forever a dilemma surrounding what clothes to wear. Add to this the fix of how to choose an outfit that befits the occasion. There are indeed endless choices in your closet making it difficult what to pick. So, you need to put a lot of thought into planning correctly. The point is, sometimes you may have the best outfits and accessories at your disposal. But still you are not able to hit upon a combination that will carry the day for you.
Guidelines about deciding what to pick from your wardrobe would definitely help here. Isn’t it so? Below are outlined some rules to go by when you choose an outfit for yourself.
- Checking the weather. One of the most important factors when you pick an outfit from your closet must be weather. How can it be otherwise? Would you rather melt into puddles of sweat just because that wine-coloured blazer you got yourself is so irresistible? And it compliments your figure just right? No way! There will be occasions galore to do that. Surely you don’t need a planner to tell you to choose an outfit that is light, airy and comfortable to wear in the hot months? When picking the right accessories too, you need to keep the weather in mind. Right from the way you style your hair to the shoes you put on, it ought to be in keeping with the weather.
- Minding the occasion. Is it any wonder that women despair to pick the right clothes to wear when it comes to different occasions? They have to choose an outfit from their closet to befit the occasion. They also need to look trendy and classy at the same time. Different occasions need planning about what to wear and what not to wear. An official conference demands the pantsuits and formals from your wardrobe. Again, a family picnic would demand complete casuals. What you would wear for a beach gala would have to be totally different from the right clothes for, say, a wedding. In addition to clothes you need to choose accessories from your closet in keeping with the occasion. From sandals and flip-flops to peep toes or wedges, lace-ups, ankle boots, or ballerinas, choices are endless.
- Checking Chicisimo app for suggestions. Worry no more ladies! Your virtual wardrobe planner is right here at Chicisimo (IOS app – Android app). Just download this app and get wonderful tips on how to choose an outfit. Solve your dilemma of what clothes to wear for any occasion. This app has been designed and created in a manner that makes it so much easier for you ladies out there. It has innovative features that help you in many ways. Your chaotic closet is a thing of the past with such an app. Every kind of garment you own as well as accessories in your wardrobe are laid out virtually for you to be able to select easily. Not only this, Chicisimo provides suggestions on combination of outfits that you could try out. It also focuses on latest fashion trends. The biggest plus of this app is that you have various categories by which your wardrobe is sorted. (If you need information on how to start with the Chicisimo fashion app, please check this previous post.)
- Selecting what matters to you. It has been noted that women instinctively gravitate towards some basic items of clothing that are very dear to them. No matter that the closet is overflowing with new items or less used ones. They choose to wear some fashion essentials over and over again, although paired and combined innovatively each time so as to retain their novelty. Something like a classic solid black jacket will never go out of fashion. You can pair this effortlessly with almost any colour to create a new look each time. Keep in mind the occasion and the weather though and dress to kill. Similarly for a favourite gown of yours that might have been the highlight of many a gathering but still remains your go-to outfit for certain occasions.
- Following trends. The commonest way to choose an outfit in times of indecision is to follow the latest trends in fashion. With fashion magazines galore, guides, tutorials, and of course apps like Chicisimo, it is that much easier to be ahead of your fashion game by miles. Maybe you will be able to pick something from your closet, maybe not. The positive thing about following trends is that there is help galore, all over where you care to look. Should the sleeves be fluted? Is it still the in thing to have pleats in your top front? A floral skirt, like seriously? Being in sync with the latest trends in fashion clothes helps you make right choices when choosing the perfect outfit for yourself.
- Bucking the trend. In complete contrast to what is stated right above, sometimes it pays to buck the trend as well. Be mindful that this move of yours to wear something in complete contrast to everyone else will make you stand out from the crowd. Remember though that not all of you lovely ladies might be comfortable in such situations. Only a few have the confidence to do this. Imagine coming out in a blaze of colour to a derby where monochrome rules. Or going around in your checked trousers well past their sell-by fashion date. At times it works great to choose an outfit that you are comfortable with over everything else. Or when you simply want to stand out. Make sure you are sassy and confident and any outfit you choose will sing to you.
- Consulting family and friends. Your BFF or your sister or your mother can pick what’s right or not with what you wear. They have an instinct that seems unfailingly right at times. They will give you unbiased and unerringly correct feedback that at times surpasses an outfit planner. It is a good idea to rely upon this innate instinct of theirs at times when you run out of ideas. Say you are going to your first date! Never discount the advice this close group of friends and family can dispense, keeping in mind your tastes and inclinations. After all who knows you better, lady? A planner will give you more professional advice but the personal touch? Rest assured you will get it from your core group. It is also true one cannot think of oneself critically or objectively at times when it comes to choosing an outfit for an occasion. Make your loved ones a part of your sartorial journey and be ready to rock the party!
Most women have an innate and instinctive feel towards fashion and pick out the right outfit most times. However it is also a fact that many a time, they wear themselves out in the process. Following the guidelines above with real and virtual outfit planners, you will surely ace the look. While it is true that a beautiful and appropriate outfit helps boost one’s confidence manifold, the reverse holds true as well. The ability to carry oneself with utter confidence irrespective of what you are wearing goes a long way in making the outfit stand out as well.
Our clothes are an extension of our personality and speak for who we are. Choose your outfit correctly and let it do the talking for you!