Imagine you still don’t have a smart virtual wardrobe. What to do?
You have an event to attend and the clock is relentlessly ticking away as you wonder what to wear! The nearer the deadline, the more stressed you are getting. You need to maximize your wardrobe because it’s not helping either with new ideas. How about that long pleated skirt, you wonder? But wait, you have already worn that a few weeks earlier, have you not? What wouldn’t you give right now for an outfit planner to help you out!
However, you know very well it is not realistic to get new outfits for every occasion or to overturn your closet every now and then. Nor is it easy to have an outfit or clothes personalized recommender at your beck and call at all times. To top it, you need to turn out in something that looks fresh and new as well. Chicisimo is a fashion app that could just be the answer to what you are looking for. With a variety of features you can easily remain at the top of your fashion game by helping yourself. For sure it will be a key piece to maximize your wardrobe, and the following tips will also help.
All you need to keep in mind is the occasion you are dressing up for as well as the season of the year and whether it is an outdoor event or strictly indoors. Once these things have been sorted out in your mind, you may now go ahead with making the most of what you already possess in your closet. A different hairdo can do wonders to a familiar outfit too.
What could be the possible ways to re-imagine and maximize your wardrobe and bring in a fresh look? Here are some tips to ace your style:
- Embellish used clothes. Is your closet staring back at you with the same old used dresses? Think of embellishing an old dress in an imaginative manner so that it looks different and stands out. Remember it is not always necessary to sew on trimmings or patches. You can very well stick on beads and appliqués to enhance your outfit. A little bit of bling will draw attention to your outfit like never before.
- Mix and match. The most age-old but proven way to upscale and maximize your wardrobe is to mix and match. You have the clothes already in your closet. You can never go wrong or repeat your look when you do this. And you end up with a fetching new combination every time. Pick a new skirt and pair it with an old top with a cap thrown in for good measure if the occasion merits it. Go for some stylish footwear to add to this look along with dangling earrings and voila, you have the look.
- DIY stylization. As already discussed, one does not always need an outfit planner to help with a new look. Going through fashion magazines or websites can help you to come up with revolutionary ideas to re-fashion what you already own. Say you have a much used top that simply has outlived its purpose according to you. Why not run your scissors through the lower hemline so that you have two ends of what can be tied into a bow? Suddenly you have a crop top with a peek-a-boo teaser navel showing to add oomph to your look.
Another idea could be to cinch the waist of an odd fitting outfit and add a fancy clasp there. This not only provides more shape and form but also adds to the look. A regular hem dress can be randomly run through with scissors in order to portray an irregular or uneven hem which is a new style in itself. It is that easy actually!
- Redesign old outfits. There is no end to redesigning your clothes in the simplest manner in order to make them look like a new article of clothing. Slitting up the side of a long skirt so that your lovely legs are seen creates a stunning effect. Similarly you can go ahead with adding a solid trim to a printed outfit and then punctuate that with little sparkles. Not that the trim needs to be continuous and boring. You can add it in patches while leaving the rest of the fabric as is to give it a whole new look.
- Jazz up. Old tops that do not look good to you anymore on their own can be worn under a jazzy jacket or a throw so that only a part of your top shows. You will not need an outfit planner for this, just a little bit of imagination. Make sure though that the colour combination you choose is such as to make the whole outfit stand out. Turn on the Chicisimo app and it will help you with ideas and suggestions for this makeover.
- Accessorize differently. Your wardrobe has many hidden gems waiting to be discovered. A colourful scarf worn in a different manner over an old solid top or a snazzy purse over a simple dress worn with a stand-out belt to cinch the waist will add to the drama. Don’t be surprised if people ask you who your outfit planner is!
- Go for untried colour palettes. Sometimes you just cannot imagine a certain colour complimenting another just because it has never been tried before. Unless you try it out you will never know either, will you now? An app like Chicisimo can help immensely in this by projecting the look for you. One cannot always visualize or be objective about how one looks in a particular outfit. Seeing one’s image on an app, it is that much easier to make a decision.
As can be seen, it is quite possible to reuse clothes you already have in your wardrobe in clever and innovative ways to maximize it. All one needs is a little imagination and minimal accessories to achieve this. Let your inspiration run wild mixed with inspiration you see around you. It is quite practical and doable to be your own outfit planner. After all you know best what you have with you. All you need is the confidence to pull it off and an app like Chicisimo that carries all the oomph with it, just like you!